The Value of a Dollar - Obamacare Subsidy

I ran some calculations today in the midst of discussion with fellow agents concerning the subsidy calculations for Obamacare.

I wanted to demonstrate that a pay raise or increase in income of a very small amount could have serious consequences in the new healthcare reform environment.  In this case, the addition of $1 of annual income costs this person $418 monthly subsidy ($5016 yearly) and potential IRS clawback of any subsidy this person was not entitled to receive.

This was based on a single person age 60 however the concept is the same (amounts of subsidy are different) across all ages.

As a broker I would be very leery of suggesting an employer who sends his/her employees to the Covered California Exchange compensate those employees with help that could raise their taxable income.

You can find this calculator and other critical California healthcare reform information on my web site at http://www.davefluker.com/healthcare_reform.html


If you don't see the embedded video above, you are not on my blog and are viewing stolen content.  My blog is available at http://davefluker.blogspot.com and also on my site at

Dave

Comments

Popular Posts