Anthem Health Plan Blackout (California IFP)

Anthem Blue Cross of California has today suspended it's online application program for individual & family health plans. The application will be unavailable until approximately October 1. I will update when it becomes available.

For those seeking quotes for Blue Cross coverage plans (non-HIPAA), currently over 75% of the plan portfolio is not available for sale pending Dept of Insurance approval of plan designs and rate changes. The PlanFinder tool will still work via my web site (www.davefluker.com) however it is currently only quoting the DMHC registered plans that have been approved (the expensive plans). I will update as soon as I receive word as to the availability of the new DOI-registered PPO plans.

These plans are currently being changed to meet PPACA guidelines including elimination of lifetime caps and addition of no-cost preventive services.

Currently Anthem is pending approvals for the following plan portfolios:

-SmartSense PPO
-Clear Protection PPO
-Core Guard PPO
-Premier PPO
-Lumenos PPO (HIA and HSA)
-3500 HSA PPO plan

These represent the lower-cost and non-maternity plans in the California market.

Should you use the PlanFinder tool, you will only be able to view the HMO plans and the two Share PPO plans (3500/7500) at this time.

Comments

  1. Great reviews on your site. I have read it with full interest and find out some valuable tips about health insurance which helped me in many ways. Thanks for sharing such informative idea with us..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a woman who is into insurances especially health insurance... and I appreciate all the information I have learned from your article. Thank you for sharing I just added your blog to my bookmarks and I will check back your site for sure. Insurance plans are very expensive but very beneficial so it is worth an investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this article. I don't know why most people think of insurance as a burden? It is indeed an additional expense for the budget of the family but looking into its purpose and the assurance that it may give to you I think it is worth it and if ever nothing will happen then praise God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts